The National Center for Advanced Manufacturing (NCAM) joined the MAF community in 1999. NCAM is a partnership between NASA, the State of Louisiana, Louisiana State University, and the University of New Orleans. NCAM combines education, research, and manufacturing to provide leadership in technology and offers advanced manufacturing techniques on site.
NCAM offers three major services
- Manufacturing technology in composite materials
- Manufacturing technology in metallic materials
- Modeling and simulation for manufacturing and operation support
Education and Training
- As part of the College of Engineering at the University of New Orleans, NCAM offers advanced educational courses and distance learning to senior students, graduate students and members of the aerospace industry.
- There are two on-site classrooms that provide an interactive environment for the engineering courses taught by NCAM professionals.
- For distance learning, NCAM’s state-of-the-art videoconferencing system allows classes and seminars to be broadcast over the web to individual computers interactively.
- Custom training courses are offered that can be tailored to each tenant’s individual training needs.