- Feel Better and Get in Shape at Michoud’s on site, 24/7 fitness facility.
- With over 20 cardiovascular machines and an extensive range of weight equipment, our fitness center offers employees a chance to maintain a healthy lifestyle in a work environment.
- A men’s and women’s locker room are both located on site with multiple showers and changing rooms.
Coast Guard Exchange
- Employees of the multi-tenant community at Michoud enjoy the convenience of the Coast Guard Exchange, a tax-free depot located on site.
- Products include but are not limited to electronics, clothing, accessories, frozen food, liquor, snacks, and other gifts.
The Michoud Assembly Facility’s Media Services Department stands ready to help you effectively convey your corporate message through photography, multimedia presentations, and marketing materials.
A picture is worth a thousand words, and our photography staff can help you capture images that grab your audience’s Media Services attention. From corporate portraits to product shots and event documentation, photos have become an integral part of a corporate presentation and the right imagery can help your business presentations shine.
In today’s business environment, marketing materials are critical to a company’s success. Michoud’s Graphic Designer can help you break through the marketing clutter, by designing print and electronic materials that stand off of the page or screen and command the attention of your audience. From brochures to billboards, and everything in between, effective marketing materials sell themselves.
People love a good story, and your business can tell a great story through the use of video and multimedia content. MAF’s Multimedia department can help you produce a video that motivates your audience to action, documents an event or trains your workforce, while consistently reinforcing your business’s marketing efforts.
By locating your business at Michoud, the Media Services department is on site, ready to help you effectively communicate your corporate message.
A public affairs and community outreach director fully engages MAF throughout the Greater New Orleans area.
At Michoud, we feel the importance to educate the community and build awareness throughout the surrounding parishes of current projects and events happening at MAF. The outreach program plays an active role in the community with projects such as school visits, donations to local charities, and non-profit benefit programs.
Public tours available by appointment for school and civic groups
Contact: Kristy Brumfield | email@example.com
Open to all tenants Monday-Thursday, 6:30 AM – 4 PM Friday, 6:30 AM – 3 PM.
It is MAF’s goal to prevent injuries and reduce risk on site though our Occupational Certification Program. We do our best to keep our employees at work and out of harm’s way.
Health services provided include:
- Pre-employment testing
- Review of medical history
- Physical examinations
Medical Clinic Treats:
- Personal Illness
- Personal Injury
- Work-related Injury
Medical Staff On-Site:
- Board Certified Physician
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner
- X-Ray Technician
- Nursing Assistant
- Triage Room
- Computerized X-Ray
- Test Laboratory
- Drug Screening
- Breath Alcohol Testing
Wellness Programs Offered
- Injury reduction education
- Weight management program
- Diabetes risk reduction program
- Site wide Physical Health improvement Programs
- With over 300+ aces of green space, the Michoud Assembly Facility is an ideal location for outdoor recreational activities.
- Our athletic fields are used to enhance community morale through fun and exciting intramural sports that engage employees from all various sectors around our multi-tenant community.After work hours, employees enjoy breaking a sweat in the basketball courts or playing a game of kickball or cabbage ball in our baseball diamonds.
A full-service cafeteria on-site that caters to the entire MAF community. It is open for both breakfast and lunch with a fully stocked salad bar, hot lunch entrees, and a sandwich line.
The Mission Assurance Office includes certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belts on the site that can offer a host of services such as:
- Project identification
- Process development
- Manufacturing flow and quality improvements
- Kaizen event facilitation
The Inspection department can conduct classroom training and has testing capabilities using methodologies such as :
- Dye Penetrate
- Magnetic Particle
- Radiographic (X-Ray, Digital X-Ray, Back Scatter X-Ray),
- Ultrasonic (UT-Thickness, Phased Array, Shear Wave, Terahertz, 10-Axis Automated UT),
- Eddy Current
- Various Non-Destructive methods in the laboratories.
The Training Department offers training and qualification via certified trainers in:
- Overhead cranes
- Aerial lifts
- Personal fall arrest protection
- Hazardous communication
- Foreign object debris
- Respirator use and care
- Custom course development
- Instructional systems development
Either instructor led or eLearning courses can be created and delivered using the industry standard ADDIE (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, Evaluate) approach to training development.